The Perfect Team: 1972 Miami Dolphins

…and Three Players With Integrity

Hoist him high!
Hoist him high!
              Winners of 14 regular season and 3 post season games, which included the Superbowl
Champions!
Champions!

At last, recognition for  of the 1972 Miami Dolphins football team came on Tuesday, August 20, 2013 a long overdue but much deserved honor. It took a phenomenal accomplishment and that was to go undefeated for an entire season; the 1972 Dolphins were the only NFL team to do so, 40 years ago.

The White House never has celebrated a champion like this. Think of it, the ’72 Dolphins are all over 60. There are six inducted Hall of Famers. They aren’t just retired players. They’re retired politicians, doctors, businessmen, a CEO of a Fortune 500 company and the winningest coach of all time.

Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush The Elder, Clinton, and Bush The Younger.  Why didn’t they call? Was the phone busy?

However, three of those players did not attend and I give them much credit for their integrity. Cited, as their main reason for not attending was

their disagreement with Barack Hussein Obama’s views.

Jerseys of the Dolphin's two great running backs.
Jerseys of the Dolphin’s two great running backs – Larry Csonka and Mercury Morris

“We’ve got some real moral compass issues in Washington,” Hall of Fame center Jim Langer said. “I don’t want to be in a room with those people and pretend I’m having a good time. I can’t do that. If that [angers] people, so be it.”

“I’ll just say my views are diametrically opposed to the President’s,” Manny Fernandez, Tackle · Defensive end · Defensive tackle · Defensive lineman said. “Let’s leave it at that. I hope everyone enjoys the trip who goes.”

And former offensive lineman Bob Kuechenberg added: “I want to be careful, because Mom said if you have nothing good to say about someone, then don’t say anything,” he told the newspaper. “I don’t have anything good to say about someone. … I just don’t believe in this administration at all. So I don’t belong. Anyone on the left or the right has to respect one man’s opinion.

Earlier this year, another football center who played for the Baltimore Ravens, Matt Birk, did not attend the White House ceremonies for his Super Bowl team because he is against same-sex marriage. There was no desire to meet Obama.

Many people are against the policies Obama and his regime have installed, but you don’t hear of them; the opposing views.   Ones who brush against the large fabric of government may fear being scrutinized more closely by the NSA or audited and torn by the, not to be trusted, IRS.

Presenting the President with a signed Jersey
Presenting the President with a signed Jersey

Advertisements

14 thoughts on “The Perfect Team: 1972 Miami Dolphins

1. 14
    Micky Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 4:07 pm e

Steve, I learned a while back that sarcasm doesnt get conveyed very well in blog formats or too many venues of print.
    Which might explain why I resort to more direct methods when its obvious your opponent is not being serious, or just doesnt get it.

Maybe the rest of them will fall into line when they realize Liberals are screwing up football with their social justice, anti discrimination crap/fairness, affirmatively PC bullshit.
    Thats right, they’ve done away with the traditional “coin toss” and “kick off” at the annual Pro Bowl.
    I think the ball will dropped like a hockey puck.
    No conservative would ever think of such a thing.

2. 13
    Steve Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 3:22 pm e

Micky I hope the rest of their team does not approve of Obama’s antics as well, but who knows?

3. 12
    Steve Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 3:20 pm e

Yesterday Patrick, I was in a sarcastic mood the day long. Answering sarcasm with sarcasm. I guess. Sometimes things get a little muddled along the way. Thanks everybody for your comments.

4. 11
    Micky Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 3:07 pm e

The real question is;
    Do the rest of these guys actually approve of the moron in chiefs policies ?

Gawd I hope not.

5. 10
    Steve Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 2:19 pm e

Problems for any disagreeing person I’m afraid, but maybe it will be okay because of the publicity. It’s a shame that in America we even have to think of possible repercussions for our thoughts.

6. 9
    Patrick McCain Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 10:05 am e

That’s a good point, Andy. The key difference between Obama and Putin is that Putin actually disappears his enemies.

7. 8
    Andy Z Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 5:20 am e

Who wants to bet that all three of these former Dolphins will be facing IRS investigations shortly?

😉

8. 7
    Patrick McCain Says:
    August 25th, 2013 at 11:57 pm e

Tired American was being sarcastic.
    I meant the player’s kids. Nice to see dad stand up to something, speaking truth to power. 🙂

9. Steve Says:
    August 25th, 2013 at 7:54 pm e

Patrick McCain…Whose kids, Obama’s for honoring the entire team? Oh you meant the player’s kids for getting Presidential honor, (I was being sarcastic also) yes 1972 was quite a year for them, but also for me because I graduated high school.

10. Steve Says:
    August 25th, 2013 at 7:37 pm e

Tired American – me too. Of course they did not go because of their total disagreement to Obama’s views.

11. 4
    Steve Says:
    August 25th, 2013 at 7:34 pm e

Tired American, why do you say they are obviously racist? Don’t you know Obummer (uhh, Obama) loves it when you equate happenings to race…I think it gives him a cause because (don’t you know)he is without opinion currently. He draws a line and if you cross it he merely moves it back a little further.

12. Tired American Says:
    August 25th, 2013 at 5:28 pm e

Obviously they are racist and Obama’s dismal performance as a president has nothing to do with their absence?