The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies.
Over the past 5 years, our federal debt has increased by $3.5 trillion to $8.6 trillion. That is “trillion” with a “T.” That is money that we have borrowed from the Social Security trust fund, borrowed from China and Japan, borrowed from American taxpayers. And over the next 5 years, between now and 2011, the President’s budget will increase the debt by almost another $3.5 trillion…
Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that “the buck stops here.” Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.
– Barack Obama, 2006 – what happened to that guy? I guess he is just like every other politician; no hope and no change – except that the problems have been magnified.
He is the evil-doer my father warned me of when I was a child, though of course, Dad, had no name. At that time (early 60’s) we still went home from school, for lunch. We, at irregular intervals would be timed to find out how long i took us to reach home. I ran all the way home those days while listening to the air-raid sirens (emergency alert sirens) and watching the sky for bombers flying overhead.
A person in today’s world doesn’t know what to watch for as shown in the 9/11 attacks in which more than 3000 were killed.
Well, we keep marching into the future and that can be a scary place for someone like me, dependent on the government because of my disability.
- Barack Obama – A Truly Great Phony (conservativeread.com)
- Mission Accomplished (iowntheworld.com)
- Obama economic adviser’s refrain: No debt ceiling negotiations (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Laugh Out Loud Funny: ‘The Americans for Whatever Barack Obama Wants, Did You Know He’s Friends with Jay-Z?’ Parody Perfectly Profiles Obamabots (personalliberty.com)
- Barack Obama: Profiles In Courage (ijreview.com)
- We Do Not Need To Be Told What to Do! (philippinewanderer.org)
- Americans hit the roof in debt-ceiling fight (mobile.wnd.com)
- Obama will deal on budget, not on debt limit: ABC interview (reuters.com)
- UPDATE 1-Obama will deal on budget, not on debt limit -ABC interview (uk.reuters.com)
- NBC/WSJ Poll: Americans 2 – 1 Oppose Raising Debt Ceiling (richardbaris.wordpress.com)